Who/what is the Nigerian market? Who do I sell to? How much can I make on a daily basis?
Those are questions I ask myself.
One of Nigeria’s greatest resources is its’, people.
- As of 2013, World Bank says there are 173.6 million people in Nigeria that is 2.55% of the world’s population (186,053,386 people according to CIA World Factbook as of 2016; 191,835,936 people according to Worldometers as of 2017)
- There are 58,736,297 children (0 – 14 years old) 46.9% Male and 44.5% Female
- 34,961,107 women (15-49)
- The country’s median age is 18.4 years old
- Approximately 50% of Nigerians are urban dwellers
Major urban areas – population: Lagos 13.123 million; Kano 3.587 million; Ibadan 3.16 million; ABUJA (capital) 2.44 million; Port Harcourt 2.343 million; Benin City 1.496 million (2015)
- 59.6% of the population can read and write
- Life expectancy for males = 52 years; female= 53 years (2014 est.)
- Only 3.22% of the population are above the ages of 65
- Risk of infectious diseases are [highlight background=”red” color=”white”]very high[/highlight]
- Nigeria has emerged as Africa’s largest economy, with 2015 GDP estimated at $1.1 trillion
- Over 62% of Nigeria’s 170 million people still live in [highlight background=”red” color=”white”]extreme poverty[/highlight]
Telephones – mobile cellular: total: 150.83 million
Internet users: total: 86.138 million
GDP (purchasing power parity): $1.089 trillion (2016 est.)
Agriculture – products: cocoa, peanuts, cotton, palm oil, corn, rice, sorghum, millet, cassava (manioc, tapioca), yams, rubber; cattle, sheep, goats, pigs; timber; fish
Industries: crude oil, coal, tin, columbite; rubber products, wood; hides and skins, textiles, cement and other construction materials, food products, footwear, chemicals, fertiliser, printing, ceramics, steel
Imports – commodities: machinery, chemicals, transport equipment, manufactured goods, food and live animals
Imports – partners: China 25.7%, US 6.4%, Netherlands 6.1%, India 4.3% (2015)
- World Economic Forum in collaboration with Business Insider predict that Nigeria will be the 21st most powerful economy in the world by 2030 with it’s PPP at $1.794 trillion
Now you may ask yourself what are you to do with all that data? To be honest, I have no idea what you can do with that data, but I am currently on a quest to figure out how I can use this data to make a living for my self and two generations after me. The goal is to make ₦1 from every Nigerian daily, weekly, or bi-weekly or ₦50 daily, weekly, or bi-weekly from 20% of the Nigerian population.
How can I do that you may ask, well here are some of the ideas I have talked to some people about, written out on several pieces of paper and even tried to accomplish all by myself.
Creating a Lottery System
In Canada, where there are approximately 35 million people, every week OLG’s encore guarantees at least 1 millionaire every week, this got me to think of how many people have to play for OLG to break even. At least 2.87% of the population would have to buy $1. From my small research, OLG pays winners more than $1,000,000 weekly, and more than 2.87% of the population play the lottery and spend more than $1 weekly.
Now, If I was to get a license to run a lottery in Nigeria, I will be to partner with a bank or telecommunication company and there is also the option of doing it all by myself.
If I was to partner with Heritage Bank, we will create a program enabling Nigerian to open different kinds of accounts with at least ₦100 and for every 100,000 new accounts; 1 person will be awarded ₦1,000,000 in a line of credit, 2 people will win ₦50,000 in a line of credit, 100 people will win ₦1000 in Cash.
If I was to partner with Globacom, a special credit recharge card will be made and once a subscriber tops up, ₦10 will be deducted as the lottery play. With it’s 34 million subscribers, approximately 10% (from my guesstimate) will opt-out for the lottery play(Gloplay) And every week, 1 Gloplayer will be guaranteed ₦1,000,000; 5 Gloplayers will be guaranteed ₦100,000 each, 10 Gloplayers will be guaranteed ₦50,000 and 100 Gloplayers will be guaranteed ₦1000 in Glo to Glo Credit.
If I was to go on it alone, … xxxxxxx xxxxx xxxxx. No need to tell you that right? 🙂
But yea, from the two ideas Heritage Bank & Globacom stand a chance to additional 8 figures weekly.
Trading & Investment App for anyone
Using Heritage bank again but this time around MTN, as a software developer, with the Konfirmed Creative Studio team, within 3 months, a trading & Investment App can be developed.
- Mobile App that allows end-users trade using funds directly from their bank [Heritage Bank.]
- Powered by MTN.
With equity and ETF screeners, in-depth research and interactive charting, Heritage Bank T.I App will help you find and validate your next investment opportunity.
Trade on the go
- Trade Equities, ETFs and Options right from your iPad
- View order status and modify/cancel your orders
- Activity reflected on all platforms immediately
Stay on top of your portfolio and the markets
- View your account balances and holdings
- Get real-time quotes, charts, news and option chains
- View market summaries, index charts, and market news
Find investment ideas with predefined and custom Screener
- Equity and ETF screeners, in the palm of your hand, to narrow down the universe of investments to only those that match your specific criteria
- Screen equities by fundamentals, performance, yield, valuation metrics and analyst ratings
- Screen ETFs by fund categories, MERs, performance, yield and sector/geographic allocation
Identify trends and analyse price movement with interactive Charting
- Flexible charting with fully customizable period, frequency and chart type settings
- Compare symbols and indices
Validate your investment decisions with in-depth Research
- Make informed decisions with ratings and in-depth equity research reports from trusted institutions including Heritage bank, Reuters, ValuEngine and Sabrient
- Access complete research reports
- Access to key fundamental data to help you determine if a particular stock is right for you
- Your transactions are protected using the exact same safeguards as those used on Heritage OnLine®. These features include Heritage Verify and Access Code.
1.75% fee charge for every transaction.
To Be Continued…